Have you noticed the vast amount of coverage on the TV lately about loneliness? So many folk, old and young in our communities are facing long days without conversation. We have a range of activities across the Circuit to which we could easily invite folk to just to ease that isolation.
Why not offer to take a neighbour to something? (for lunches it might be wise to phone first – but I am sure you will be made very welcome!!)
Find out more.....
Please send details of Circuit and any special Church events via the email link at the bottom of this page
Space to Pray will meet at Norton Trinity, 1st Wednesday each month 1.30 -
Coffee every Saturday morning at Malton Wesley Centre, 10 -
NEW BIBLE STUDY COURSE Women of Faith: What they teach us. Back at The Kitchen Café, Norton, Thursdays 10.00-
Focusing on six women -
Fri 22nd to Sun 24th. Yorkshire North and East District Methodist Women in Britain Conference at Cober Hill.. We are delighted to welcome, as our leader, Mrs June Anderson, who is a past Connexional President for Women’s Network, and lives in our District. I am sure that June is known to many of you. The theme for the weekend will be “A Brief Encounter” and I am sure that we will have a rewarding weekend. Booking forms available from Church Stewards or Ann.
Sat 23rd Circuit Prayer Day. The aim of the day is to intentionally pray for the circuit:
• for wise and Spirit led decisions to be made at circuit meeting, particularly regarding future staffing and finance.
• for the transition from 3.4 full time presbyters to 2.4 from September 2019.
• for an increasing awareness of God’s call on us all to share our faith in Jesus, by word and deed. You may wish to prayerfully consider the Our Calling Headings and how they relate to our circuit:
• Worship. What changes might we make to our worship pattern and content, to enable those not currently attending Church, to be part of our worshipping communities?
• Learning and Caring. How can we encourage every attendee of our churches to grow in their discipleship of Christ.
• Service. In our communities, what are the issues facing that call us to pray and act in Christ’s name? How can we serve one another inside and outside the church building and community?
• Evangelism. The Churches that are growing are ‘intentional’ in invitation, genuine welcome and talking about faith. How can we change our culture of expecting continuing decline, to those who look with hope to a flourishing Church? We are currently aware of:-
Slingsby holding a time of prayer on Wednesday 20th February from 7.30pm in the chapel schoolroom.
Sinnington at 10.00am (with Hartoft and Appleton le Moors) on Sat 23rd.
Rievaulx will be holding a prayer meeting at 10.00 a.m. also on 23rd. All Welcome to all of these events.
Please let Ann know of any further plans so that they can be included in the Weekly News in 2 weeks time. The day of prayer will culminate in an hour together at Trinity, Norton from 4pm. We will begin in silence, continuing with some Taize music and ending with praise
Sat 2nd 10.30am – 12.00 noon Trinity, Norton. Yorkshire North and East District District Conversations exploring Marriage and Relationships. More details
Tues 5th 5.30 -
Thurs 7th 7.00pm Monthly Circuit Prayer Meeting. Norton Bethel
Sat/Sun 8th & 9th Christian Heritage Conference & Religeous Tolerance Forum, Retford
Sun 17th 6.30 p.m. Rievaulx Sunday Evening Special -
Sat 30th 2.00pm-
Tues 2nd 7.30pm – 9.00pm Wesley Centre, Nidd Valley. Yorkshire North and East District District Conversations exploring Marriage and Relationships. More details
Thurs 11th 7.00pm Monthly Circuit Prayer Meeting. Norton Bethel
Sat 13th -
Sun 14th 2.00 p.m. Palm Sunday Procession and service through Rievaulx village and Abbey led by Rev. Ken Gowland
Sun 28th 10.30 a.m. Rievaulx Chapel Anniversary . All Age Worship & 6.30 p.m. Evening Worship. Both services led by Mrs. Grace Metcalfe
Tues 16th 10:00-
Fri 19th 2:30pm Good Friday Service Beneath the Cross led by Mrs T. Hobday
Weds 1st 7.30pm – 9.00pm Central, Goole. Yorkshire North and East District District Conversations exploring Marriage and Relationships. More details
Tues 7th 7.00pm Monthly Circuit Prayer Meeting. Norton Bethel
Sun 19th 6.30 p.m. Rievaulx Sunday Evening Special -
Thurs 6th 7.30pm – 9.00pm Lidgett, York. Yorkshire North and East District District Conversations exploring Marriage and Relationships. More details
Fri 7th 7.00pm Monthly Circuit Prayer Meeting. Norton Bethel