Norton Trinity Methodist Church
Entrance off Plum Street
Service Time: Sunday at 10.00 am
A Brief History
The church you see today was originally built in 1858, the first Methodist Church in Norton, which included a Sunday School and a small library. A disastrous organ fire in 2002 wiped away most of the Victorian furnishings and fittings, enabling the congregation to turn the orientation of the worship space through 180 degrees and reinvent the interior as a light and bright flexible space for the future. The premises are now used extensively by local community groups throughout the week, from uniformed organisations to disability groups, for civic uses and other Christian gatherings. The acoustics are superb and we enjoy regularly welcoming choirs and other musical groups who use the sacred space both in rehearsal and for concerts to brilliant effect.
Since the pandemic, we have embraced the Eco Church ethos, and having achieved Bronze status in 2022, we’re now working towards Silver Award, intending to replace some old windows and doors in the function rooms with more sustainable options. Our car park incorporates a labyrinth for community use, and as a church family, our focus is on recycling, refilling and reusing where we can.
Green Harvest Weekends have encouraged links with local environmental groups, so we can learn more about how to spread the eco-word.
We’re on the Norton Heritage Trail – find out more here
Follow us on Facebook – click here